As a Senior Technical Web Business/System Analyst, you will be reporting to the Director, Delivery. You are customer friendly, motivated and dynamic individual focused on obtaining, and understanding business and technical requirements for Climax Media’s existing relationships and new partnerships. You are responsible for bridging the gap between business, technology and customers and have extensive experience working on web projects.
You must bring leadership, analytical thinking, and be an inherent curiosity to the role. The successful candidate would be detail oriented with the ability and eagerness to learn and understand business, customer and technology needs. You take pride in your work, work collaboratively with team members and project stakeholders and value their contributions. You drive exceptional delivery of value for our customers and stakeholders at all levels. You are a creative thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills and embrace detail but summarize and express it clearly and accurately.
We are looking for fun, intelligent, team-oriented people who want to work in an agile environment and believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility.
Elicit requirements using variety of methods, specific to scenario - interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis.
Collect and document business requirements and act as the liaison between the business and the appropriate technical / development teams during requirement gathering and finalization.
Translate and document business requirements into detailed functional, non-functional, technical specifications, user stories and use cases.
Collect and document business and technical requirements and act as the liaison between the business and the appropriate technical / development teams during requirement gathering and finalization.
Work with developers to define system scope and objectives based on both user needs and good understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards
Perform application system analysis, prepare data/process flow diagrams and design screen/report layouts as part of business systems solution/application design
Create and maintain applicable documentation pertaining to specific SDLC phases.
Develop strong working relationships with the business and establish yourself as their go-to person; independently and through interaction with stakeholders, identify areas of opportunity and propose improvements.
Collaborate with the Project/Product Owners to validate business requirements, and with Technical Architects to ensure that the business requirements are met in the technical solution and within scope of the project
Work within an Agile, Scrum-based, environment:
Build and maintain accurate User Stories with User Acceptance criteria that will be used by developers, testers and shared with client to ensure that business value is effectively captured and realized
Work with teams to keep backlogs appropriately detailed, estimated, emergent, and prioritized across a set of projects and clients
Liaise between the client and project team in evaluating business value of User stories and prioritizing them for execution by the team
Work with Scrum team members to determine implementation trade-offs that improve value and reduce cost while respecting the business requirements
Support and collaborate with the development team during the implementation of the requirements in order to clarify and refine User Stories
Create supporting technical documentation (matrices, sample calculations, field definitions, flow diagrams) where UI/UX designs and API definitions do not capture nuanced product requirements
Own the communication of ongoing changes to requirements and functionality appropriately across the team
Assist the Tech Leads with flow diagrams, tables, mock-ups and other methods to ensure features and stories are presented without ambiguity when designing the solution
Collaborate upstream with strategy team and downstream with Technology Architect
- 7+ years of IT experience with a minimum of 5 years as a Technical Business Analyst or Technical Product Owner and extensive large-scale web project experience.
- Familiarity with and aptitude to understand Content Management System or Digital Experience Platforms supported by Climax Media, such as Sitecore, Magnolia, Adobe AEM, Salesforce, Marketo or similar
- Experience working with large scale CMS implementations or Digital Experience Platforms in an Agile environment is strongly desirable.
- You have vast experience as a Business Analyst in a similar large web development environment. Web is essential.
- Understanding of front-end design principles (Web, iOS and Android), specifically
- Work closely with the creative teams to document the customer experience through the business requirements
- Understanding of WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) requirements
- Advanced knowledge of the application of Agile practices and principles, incremental delivery and experience with metrics to effectively measure execution, performance, benefits and value
- You have experience with both native (desktop, mobile) and web-based applications from both UI/UX design as well as integration and deployment perspective.
- You have been involved in all aspects of software development – from ideation and high-level business requirements capturing to testing, integration, deployment and post-deployment support.
- Experienced with producing functional documentation from scratch or based on high level business cases in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experience producing business process diagrams and data flows to describe business requirements.
- Experience with data mapping and working closely with developers on technical specifications
- Experience in Technical Writing/ Documentation, Business Case Definition and Analysis
- Experience with XML/XML Schema
- Strong written and oral communication – able to get your points across to both business stakeholders and technical leads.
- Experience with UML Diagrams and Entity Relationship Diagrams
- You are a problem solver; able to multi-task on several projects at a time as well as being someone who can find resolutions to conflict easily.
- Superior analytical, investigative and critical thinking skills
- Strong ability to navigate ambiguity, overcome confusion and simplify complex situations
- Solid presentation, facilitation, interview and workshop facilitation skills
- Solid communication skills with ability and experience working with executive level staff.
- Strong Agile/SDLC process & methodology knowledge
- Strongly desirable:
- Past experience in client/vendor setting (Agency)
- CBAP/CCBA certification, CSPO certification
- University degree in computer science, or other related discipline with an IT focus (or equivalent)
- Automotive experience is a plus
- Experience with Jira and Confluence is a plus