We believe people and culture separates unstoppable companies from great ones. In this new role, you’ll have a seat at the table as part of the leadership team, and a part of all strategic business initiatives. You’ll be the champion of the Human Resources function securing our long-term growth by developing and executing human resource strategies in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. This senior leadership position is intended for an entrepreneurial HR veteran that is excited about building something new within a rapidly expanding environment. Specifically, this involves managing the HR team as-well the overall strategy for talent acquisition, on-boarding, performance management, training and development, leadership programs, and help us improve our HR processes and services. The ideal candidate is an exceptional people builder by nature, has a strong business acumen and a diverse background managing all aspects of people and culture that drive the success and growth of a fast-paced B2B tech/software company.
- Lead the overall HR function by developing strategies for talent acquisition, career development, onboarding, retention, continuous learning, leadership development, compensation and benefits.
- Develop and oversee talent acquisition strategy including strategic partnerships with educational institutions as well as coach the leadership team on best practices for selection, development, and retention.
- Develop a strategy to build awareness for the firm via social media, local events, and partnerships within the tech community in Canada to attract and hire top quality talent.
- Manage talent development, including performance management, skills training, diversity initiatives, and knowledge management.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management team of each business unit regarding their key growth initiatives along with organizational and management issues.
- Oversee Human Resources and work with the HR team to improve HR services, compliance, and policies.
- Report on key HR metrics and KPIs like employee satisfaction, engagement, retention, turnover cost, time to fill, etc.
- Oversee culture activities, including events, monthly campfires, team engagement, demo days, hackathons, and office logistics, etc.
- Act as primary liaison to internal committees and leadership team and participate in the leadership team meetings as the voice of the people and culture team.
- 8+ years of experience in leading human resources, talent acquisition and development in a fast-growth technology business (Experience with scaling a company is an asset).
- Proven people management and leadership skills: you know how to build, mentor and grow a team of world-class strategists, designers, engineers & entrepreneurs across multiple functional areas.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, analysis and ability to influence and partner with different levels of the firm to achieve results.
- Technology savvy and knowledge of latest talent management tools (implementing and managing), best practices and current trends in HR.
- Self-starter; well organized, detail-oriented, strong written and oral communication, and capable of prioritizing numerous tasks in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organization, negotiation, presentation, and follow-through skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative outlook and resourceful nature.
- In-dept knowledge of labor law and human resources best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, CHRL or CHRE designation is an asset.